Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm not a makeup girl + an Elianto Eyeshadow Palette from Kikay Corner


My most glamorous makeup-is-my-bestfriend moment.

This was taken in my graduation pictorial in college. I know I did look my very best that day, about to finish college and stuff, posing for the yearbook, and with all those makeup the gay beautician put on me, it’s a wonder not to look best.


Well this is me in real life. Funny me to even post my unlikely picture here: no makeup, greasy face, whatever. This was taken on an early morning, what with my still ruffled hair huh.

You see, I was never the makeup girl. Even now, I don’t think I put on makeup the right way when I come in the office. But still, no matter how wrong I feel my makeup is, I still try to put color in my most-of-the-time bland pretty face. Haha!

Oh, I tried here.


When I attended the 3rd Phil. Graphic Fiction Awards with my sister being the finalist.

And here.


At the Christmas Party with my first company.

And at the latest here.


At the First, Fun, Fearless COSMO Eyeball.

So what do you think, did I got my makeup right?

The day after the last event, I heard about this contest Kikay Corner is having: an Elianto Eyeshadow Palette! This comes with a pressed powder, 6 eyeshadows and an eyeshadow brush. Hurray~


Just merely looking at it, I feel this could really help me in my dilemma. I haven't tried wearing eyeshadows, except for rare occasions, because I tend to overdo it. But these eyeshadow palette has mostly light colors, just perfect t give color without going overboard. Plus, the cover with its pink graphic design is just too inviting!

Thus, a full face make-up kit minus the blush-on and lipstick. I don’t wear mascara or eyeliner by the way. I figure if I can have this, I could be greatly motivated to learn (and learn well at that) the basics of proper make-up use. And I never had an expensive makeup item, it’s either I can’t afford it or I think it’s just not worth the extra extra bucks.

Do you remember in your elementary years where your mom buys you that really really good Cattleya notebook equipped with an embroidered pen for your English subject (or any of your hated subject for that matter)? You really hated English but because of your new incredible things you could at least try right?

This might do the trick for me as a Cattleya notebook would back then. Maybe this is my chance to re-learn English (in this case, using makeup) what with my brand new Cattleya notebook (and in my case, an Elianto Eyeshadow Palette like this if only Elinato and Kikay Corner forbid I win)! Yehey to that. XD

For the contest mechanics, (I recommend you join too so everyone knows the good news!) click HERE.

PS. In my time, a Cattleya notebook costs a lot. :D

12 comments:

  1. make up work wonders in everyone's faces.. blemishes, dark spots, eye bags disappear with the correct application of make up. it could be our bestfriend once we apply them right.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for joining the contest, Tuman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks kikay corner! hope to win! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi diabs! thanks for the insight. i know, i really have to learn well on this aspect soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the make up kit :) -czari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey czari! I know. That’s why I’m joining, if you want you can join too. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say makeup can really do wonders but you did good naman sa mga tries mo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @tokertoit: thanks! but i still have to a lot to work about it pa..

    ReplyDelete
  9. where can i buy elianto products? i've been meaning to buy one but i can't find any outlet..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @shiva: They have branches in The Block, SM Mall of Asia, SM Dasmarinas, SM Baguio and SM City Cebu. It's in Kikaycorner's link. Go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! :-) http://www.kikaycorner.net/2010/06/and-the-winner-of-the-elianto-eyeshadow-palette-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kikaycorner and too Elianto! So excited to have this!

    ReplyDelete

Message away!